Ruger American Pistol
Designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the Ruger American Pistol is built to perform in the harshest conditions. A true American innovation, this pistol was developed through a rigorous “Voice of the Customer” process – where numerous law enforcement and military trainers, firearms experts, distributors and retailers provided input, feedback and testing in the determination of the form, function and features of this firearm. The resultant new pistol is a revolutionary platform for Ruger, one that utilizes the combination of a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which is designed to better spread recoil energy over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity and a low bore axis to provide an unparalleled shooting experience.
- Firearm Features
- Trigger features a short takeup with positive reset.
- Recoil-reducing barrel cam, low mass slide, low center of gravity and low bore axis.
- Performance tested for sustained +P ammunition use.
- Genuine Novak® LoMount Carry 3-dot sights.
- Modular wrap-around grip system for adjusting palm swell and trigger reach.
- Safe, easy takedown with no tools or trigger pull required.
- Ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release allow actuation with either hand.
- Safety features include internal, automatic sear block system, integrated trigger safety and no trigger pull required for takedown.
- Also includes – Two nickel-teflon® plated steel magazines; small (9mm models only), medium and large grip modules; hard plastic case.
- Model Number: 8605
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Capacity: 17+1
- Slide Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Length: 4.20 in.
- Grip Frame: One-Piece High-Performance Glass-Filled Nylon
- Grips: Ergonomic Wrap-Around Grip Module
- Slide Finish: Black Nitride
- Width: 1.40 in.
- Sights: Novak® LoMount Carry 3-Dot
- Weight: 30 oz.
- Overall Length: 7.50 in.
- Height 5.60 in.
- Grooves: 6
- Twist: 1:10 RH
- CA Approved: No
- MA Approved & Certified: No
There are no reviews yet.