Built within the envelope of the original short-action Ruger Precision Rifle, the new 6.5 PRC offering provides a compact package designed for a cartridge that allows for superior accuracy, flat trajectory and extended-range performance.
Like all Ruger Precision Rifles, these new models feature a highly accurate, free-float, cold hammer-forged barrel manufactured from 4140 chrome-moly steel with 5R rifling for minimum bullet upset. Minimum bore and groove dimensions (air-gauged for process control) and a centralized chamber deliver outstanding accuracy and longevity.
Integral QD sling attachment points eliminate the need for additional adaptors and a flat bottom 1.50″ dovetail is compatible with RRS S.O.A.R. and similar QD systems.
In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- Patented multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable, with a trigger pull range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- Ruger Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock. Length of pull and comb height are adjustable.
- Ambidextrous manual safety for left- or right-handed lever manipulation.
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with # 8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body. Bolt body is
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with a 5/16″-24 thread pattern for easy replacement. Bolt
- Model Number: 18042
- Caliber: 6.5 PRC
- Stock: Folding Adjustable Length of Pull and Comb Height
- Finish: Type III Black Hard-Coat Anodized
- Barrel Length: 26″
- Barrel: Cold Hammer-Forged 5R Rifling
- Thread Pattern: 5/8″-24
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Grooves: 5
- Weight1: 1 lb.
- Capacity: 8
- Height: 7.30″
- Length of Pull: 12″ – 15.50″
- Folded Length: 35.60″
- Width: 3.30″