The Ruger AR-556 M4 Flat-Top Autoloading Rifle, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made Modern Sporting Rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. A Ruger flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
Single Stage Trigger and Enlarged Trigger Guard: The single stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control.
The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow for gloved shooting.
Matte Black Oxide Bolt Carrier with Staked Gas Key: The chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
Serrated Face Milled Gas Block: The milled gas block is located at a carbine length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Manufacturer: Ruger
- Model: AR-556
- Model Number: 8500
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Weight: 6.50 lbs.
- Length: 32.25 – 35.50 in.
- Length of Pull: 10.25 – 13.50 in.
- Width: 2.50 in.
- Height: 8.00 in. (Without Magazine)
- Capacity: 30-Rounds
- Buttstock: Six-Position Telescoping / Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
- Handguards: Heat Resistant Glass-Filled Nylon
- Grip: Ergonomic Improved Trigger Reach / Enlarged Trigger Guard Opening
- Sights: Elevation Adjustable Front / Windage Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy Folding Rear (Front Sight Tool Included)
- Upper Receiver: Flat Top 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging / Forward Assist Dust Cover and Brass Deflector / Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Lower Receiver: 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging / Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Bolt Carrier Group: Staked Gas Key / Chrome Plated Bolt Carrier ID and Gas Key ID / Matte Black Oxide Finish
- Bolt: 9310 Alloy Steel / Shoot Peened / PT Tested
16.10 in. Medium Contour
Cold Hammer-Forged 4140 Chrome-Moly Steel
1:8 Twist Stabilizes Bullets from 35 to 77 Grain
M4 Feed Ramp Cuts
Threaded ½ – 28 with Ruger Flash Suppressor
Barrel Contour is .850 Under the Handguard .750 Under the Gas Block .700 Forward of the Gas Block
Matte Black Oxide Finished
- Gas Block:
A-2 F-Height Pinned in Place
Multiple Sling Attachment Points and with QD Port and Bayonet Lug
Machined Low-Glare Serrations on Angled Face
- Barrel Nut/Delta Ring:
Patent Pending Design
One Person Removal
Accepts Standard Handguards
Uses Standard Wrench Can be Swapped with a Mil-Spec Nut if Desired