The new Ruger AR-556® Multi-Purpose Rifle (“MPR”). This Semi-Automatic Multi-Purpose Rifle-built modern sporting rifle features an 18″ nitrided alloy barrel with rifle-length gas system, Ruger’s 15″ free-float handguard compatible with M-LOK® accessories, the Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger and ergonomic Magpul® furniture. The perfect rifle for a variety of uses, the AR-556 MPR is capable and versatile.
Ruger’s talented team of engineers worked carefully to develop the ideal custom package for the AR-556 platform that does it all, right out of the box. From plinking to competition shooting, the MPR is the perfect rifle for just about anything.
The soft-shooting, rifle-length gas system paired with a Ruger® muzzle brake provides smoother operation and softens recoil to keep every shot on target.
Ruger’s 15″ free-float handguard is light, stiff and versatile, with Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions. Additional slots on the angled surfaces near the muzzle are perfect for mounting a light, laser or QD slin M-LOK-compatible Picatinny rail sections can be easily added. The integral Picatinny rail at the 12:00 position is tightly controlled to the most current STANAG 4649 specification.
The crisp 4.5 pound trigger pull of the Elite 452 two-stage trigger is a great addition to the MPR. The MPR comes complete with dust cover, brass deflector and forward assist.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- Rifle-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
- Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.
- Model Number: 8514
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 REM
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Front Sight: None
- Rear Sight: None
- Barrel Length: 18″
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Handguard: Free-Float M-LOK®
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Capacity: 30
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 6.8 lb.
- Length of Pull: 11.10″ – 14.40″
- Grooves: 5